we offer the following regulatory and certification services:


National Construction Code (BCA) Compliance Consulting and Assessment Reporting

All new buildings, and new work in existing buildings, must comply with The National Construction Code (NCC). This code was formerly known as the Building Code of Australia (BCA). It sets the minimum technical requirements for the construction of new buildings (and new building work in existing buildings).

 Building Certificates Australia staff are experts in the application, interpretation and assessment against the NCC.

 We can prepare NCC (BCA) compliance reports to assist a Council assess your development application (DA), or provide NCC (BCA) Consulting Services at an stage of a development.

 We have unrestricted accreditation to assess and type of class 1-9 building against the requirements of the NCC

Contact us here for further information and a quote for NCC Consulting and Reporting Services.

Accessibility Consulting and Reporting

Compliance with the Commonwealth Disability Discrimination Act is mandatory in Australia.

Our services in access consulting will bring practical approaches to ensuring compliance with this Act, for all types of projects throughout Australia.  Our services include:

  • Accessibility Assessments and reporting – Development Application (DA) and Construction Stages

  • Advise on Compliance with Commonwealth Disability Discrimination Act, and Access to Premises Standards

  • Expert advice

Contact us here for further information and a quote for Access Consulting and Reporting Services.

Town Planning Consulting and Services

We have an independent Town Planning Consultant who takes a space at our Surry Hills office, who can assist with the following services:

  • Assessment on whether proposed building works can be considered exempt, complying development or require a Development Application (DA) to the Local Council,

  • Provide approval pathway planning reports indicating compliance against the NSW State Environment Planning Policies (SEPP), including all Codes contained within,

  • Prepare Statements of Environmental Effects (SEE’s)

  • Prepare Heritage Impact Statements (HIS)

  • Lodge Development Applications

Complying Development Certificates (CDC)

Complying development is a fast-track approval process for straightforward residential, commercial and industrial development. If the application meets specific criteria, it can be determined and approved as Complying Development.

Building Certificates Australia staff are accredited to issue Complying Development Certificates for any specified Complying Development in NSW (where the necessary development standards are satisfied).

Contact us here for further information and a quote for complying development

Strata Certificates

A Strata Certifier can issue a strata certificate for a Strata Plan. This then allows the Strata Plan to be lodged at the Land Titles Office for registration.

 Building Certificates Australia staff are accredited to issue Strata Certificates for any development, where prior approval has been given to strata subdivide.

 Contact us here for further information and a quote for a strata certificate

Principal Certifying Authority (PCA)

Before you start any approved building or construction work, you must appoint a Principal Certifying Authority (PCA), after or when you've been issued with a construction certificate or complying development certificate.

The PCA oversees the development’s construction phase and completes mandatory building inspections, known as critical stage inspections, to make sure that building standards are met. Once building work has finished, the PCA will complete final inspections and issue the final Occupation Certificate, if all requirements have been satisfied.

Building Certificates Australia staff have unrestricted accreditation levels, and can act as your Principal Certifying Authority for any type of Development.

 Contact us here for further information and a quote for a Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) services

Occupation Certificates (OC)

An Occupation Certificate is issued by the Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) following completion of approved building (or other) works, and gives approval to use or occupy a building (or other structure) in conjunction with the development consent or a complying development certificate.

 Building Certificates Australia staff are accredited to issue Occupation Certificates for any type of development, where they are appointed Principal Certifying Authority (PCA)

Crown Certificates

When a state crown agency carries out building works, the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act requires that they must be 'certified by or on behalf of the Crown to comply with the technical provisions of the State's building laws'.

 Building Certificates Australia staff have unrestricted accreditation levels, and can issue Crown Certificates and conduct building inspections for Crown agencies, for any type of Crown Development.

Development and Compliance Management

Have no idea where to go or what to do following your issue of your DA? We recognise time is money when developing. Our staff have significant experience in building certification, and most have previously worked within local government planning and development departments.  As such, we can assist with the following:

  • Explain and negotiate your planning approval (in layperson terms)

  • Explain the statutory requirements with respect to commencing your building works,

  • Assist organise the necessary building consultants,

  • Assist organise your building certification needs

  • Assist liaise with your Accredited Certifier/PCA to ensure you obtain your Construction or Occupation Certificate in the fastest possible time frames

 Contact us here for further information and a detailed service proposal